Saturday, May 10, 2008

I LOVE SATURDAYS!

MySpace Comments - Saturday
MySpace Layouts - Saturday
I love Saturdays! Out in the country you wake up to hearing the birds singing and the neighbors cows and horses. It's awesome! When I was married, my (now ex) husband, every Friday night, wanted a list of what I planned to do on Saturday. He never got it - it was simply a control mechanism on his part.

Saturdays, even when growing up, was the one day I could do anything I wanted. Mon - Fri I went to school, came home and did homework and my chores. But Saturday Mother always let us sleep late and goof off. It's one of my favorite childhood memories.

So now - I treat myself. Sure, I end up doing laundry and cleaning and doing the dishes but I guess it's just having the freedom to NOT do it that makes me so happy. Nobody yelling at me cuz I'm not working every single minute of my off day - awesome! I wake up and just listen for a few minutes to the birds. I say a prayer of thanks for the blessings God has given me. Despite the family illnesses, we are still all blessed. Each of us in our own way.

I talked to my brother-in-law the other night and he said, "I don't want to die." I said, "I know. But what I want you think about is if you do have your homecoming, you are going to meet Moses, Elijah, Adam, not to mention our Creator and the one who gave His all so we might live." I said,"think about how awesome that will be to sit at the feet of Peter and Paul." I told him I wasn't saying "give up" but trying to say that if our God counts the number of hairs on our head and knows when a sparrow falls from the sky, then we must trust He knows what's going on now and somehow get through it.

It's been a tough week - for sure. My friend Susie's fiancee killed himself this week. They were high school sweethearts and at the ripe young age of 54, had just found each other again. But apparently Buddy had some deep emotional insecurities and a darkness that not even Susie could reach.

It's been a tough week. My prayer is that we ALL have a better week this coming up week!



No comments: